To protect the climate, mankind, including us in Germany, must reduce CO2 emissions. This is a challenge for society as a whole, and of course it is also a challenge for companies.
IDEAL GROUP contributes to the reduction of CO2 emissions with numerous measures.
One big lever, for example, is the equipment in our production halls. You can move a lot in 53,000 square meters:
- We only use modern halls with first-class insulation and energy balance. Green hall roofs not only provide support, they also ensure better air quality and store a lot of water.
- Heat pumps and underfloor heating in most halls noticeably reduce the amount of energy needed for heating.
- With 750 kWp, our solar power system on the hall roofs has sufficient capacity to supply the entire site with solar power.
- The lighting in the halls has been converted to LED lamps. It could hardly be more efficient.
- In addition, motion-controlled switches are used in social areas. This ensures that the lights only come on when they are needed.
But it’s not just the halls that reduce our carbon footprint – our working methods and processes do too:
- We are currently consistently converting our vehicle fleet to hybrid or electric vehicles. Several double charging stations on the company premises ensure that green electricity is put on the road.
- In fulfillment, we use paper packaging and filling materials wherever possible and largely avoid plastics.
- Recyclable materials such as paper and cardboard, but also films, wood and metal, have been recycled for years.
- Efficient conveyor technology reduces the number of supply trips with electric transport vehicles.
We are not yet in a position to quantify our success. However, the measures and the resulting impression are very promising.